He started videotaping the ocean when a large hammerhead shark appears in the water in front of him.
The large shark darts forward, swimming dangerously close to the two people in the 'knee-deep' water.
The shark appears to be chasing a small stingray for food but all within feet of the two swimmers.
Unsure if the swimmers could see what was going on, McCain and friends start yelling to the swimmers below, "SHARK! Get out the water!"
The swimmers bolt to the shore when realize what all the yelling was about after the shark attacked his lunch just feet from them.
GALLERY: SHARK PHOTOS
OTHER INTERESTING STORIES:
- Teen bitten by shark at Florida beach
- Divers welcome electronic anti-shark device
- Hammerhead sighting is not your usual fish story
- Great white shark empties beach in Massachusetts
- Shark Week over, but sharks are still in the water
- WATCH: Goliath grouper eats shark in one bite off Florida beach
- Divers watch shark devour injured fish