Two public gestures, one by a twin on behalf of her sister and another by a widow toward the driver who killed her husband, highlight the list.
(USA Today) Two public gestures, one by a twin on behalf of her sister and another by a widow toward the driver who killed her husband, highlight the list:
1. Twin carries her sister to the finish line: The best finish to a track meet in a while took place in Trenton, Ill., where one eighth-grader carried her injured twin sister on her back to the finish line. Chloe Gruenke "felt something pull and pop in my thigh" early in their 800-meter race and fell to the track in pain. That's when sister Claire stepped in to help her best friend and wow the spectators.
2. In court, widow hugs driver who killed husband: A Georgia widow confronted the woman responsible for her husband's death in a fatal car accident in court—and gave her a hug. She felt both women had suffered enough.
3. Loyal cat saves boy from dog attack: Even those who prefer dogs over cats will have to give it up for the cat on this one. In amazing video from Bakersfield, Calif., a 4-year-old boy is getting bitten and dragged by a neighbor's dog when the family cat streaks in out of nowhere and saves the day. Said video quickly went viral.
4. Meteorologist saves cat from tornado rubble: The tiny kitten had no business surviving the Ohio tornado that brought down a barn around it, but WHIO meteorologist Rich Wirdzek found it mewling its little heart out in the rubble. He posted video of the rescue.
5. Toddler falls 11 stories, somehow survives: Doctors in Minneapolis are calling 15-month-old Musa Dayib the "miracle baby," and for good reason: The infant fell from his family's 11th-story balcony and survived.