Here's a look at some of the week's more uplifting stories:
1. 'I got it!': 2-year-old teaches self to use walker: As catchphrases go, this one is perfect given the circumstances. As 2-year-old Kayden Elijah takes his first steps with a walker, he repeatedly says, "I got it," as seen in a gone-viral video.
2. How pilot appeases stuck fliers: With pizza: Airplane delays generally aren't pleasant affairs. Enter pilot Gerhard Bradner, who bought all of his stranded passengers Domino's pizza this week, forking over his own money for 50 pies.
3. Baby survives miscarriage of twin, abortion pills: Megan Hui is a healthy 18-week-old girl, much to the astonishment of everyone involved. After mom Michelle suffered a miscarriage at six weeks, doctors gave her abortion pills to clear out her uterus. Only afterward did they learn that she was carrying twins, and that the one who wasn't miscarried was a genuine survivor.
4. Bartender returns $200 she stole 15 years ago: She was, by her own admission, a lousy bartender. What's worse, she stole from the register at Gibb's sports bar in Beatrice, Neb., when she worked there 15 years ago. But the woman has set about making things right by mailing a check for $200 along with an apology to the surprised bar owners.
5. Good Samaritan buys groceries for strangers: Shoppers at a grocery store in Concord, Calif., got an unexpected surprise at the register this week: An anonymous stranger paid their bills in cash as they were rung up.