St. Petersburg, Florida -- How would you like to help one of your favorite Rays players and his family?
This Saturday, the Rays take on the Boston Red Sox at Tropicana Field at 4:10 p.m. You can also take part of the Spring Cleaning Drive, benefiting the Pet Pal Thrift Store and Pet Pal Animal Shelter. The thrift store helps subsidize efforts of the shelter.
Rays 3rd baseman Evan Longoria and his fiancée Jaime Edmondson are major supporters of the Pet Pal Animal Shelter.
VIDEO: Evan Longoria, Jaime Edmondson interview
Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria and his fiancee, Jamie Edmondson, talk about their support of the Pet Pal Animal Shelter.
So this Saturday from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m., if you head to Parking Lot 7, outside Gate 1, you can meet Jaime Edmondson and many other Rays' wives and girlfriends. They will be collecting a number of items to be donated to the shelter.
Here are some suggested items:
- Shoes in Almost New Condition
- Artwork and Collectibles
- Housewares Including China and Glassware (No Mismatched Sets)
- Games and Toys
- Books (No Encyclopedias or Textbooks)
- Kitchen Items
- DVDs and CDs (No VHS or Cassette Tapes)
- Linens and Draperies (Complete Sets without Stains)
- Lamps (In Working Condition)
- Small Pieces of Furniture (Cannot be soiled)
- Seasonal Decorations
- Sporting Goods
- Science Diet Dog and Cat food
You can get more information at www.raysbaseball.com/petdrive