(KING5) - Airline passengers, especially frequent fliers, are often annoyed that the pre-flight safety briefing from the flight attendants. But, flight attendants also have to deal with passengers who have heard it so many times, they don't listen anymore.
One Southwest Airlines flight attendant has found a way to solve that problem. We don't know her name, but someone posted a YouTube video of her witty take on the monotonous briefing. The video was posted with the caption, "Hilarious SWA flight attendant....wants to meet Ellen & Jimmy Fallon!!"
Here are just few excerpts of her safety tips:
- "Position your seatbelt tight and low across your hips like my grandmother wears her support bra."
- Referring to the inflatable safety vest: "You'll notice in the highly unlikely event that the captain lands us near a hot tub, everybody gets their very own teeny, weenie yellow Southwest bikini."
- "We're going to make sure… your carry-on items are shoved completely under the seat in front of you, leaving absolutely no room for your knees or feet."
- "As you know, it's a no smoking, no whining, no complaining flight. It's a 'please' and 'thank you' and 'you are such a good looking flight attendant' flight."
- "To activate the flow of oxygen, simply insert 75 cents for the first minute…"
- "If you're traveling with small children, we're sorry. If you're traveling with more than one child, pick out the one you think might have the most earning potential down the road."
- "Sit back and relax, or you can sit up and be tense, either way."
- "Seriously, if there is anything at all we can do to make your flight more enjoyable, please tell us… just as soon as we land in Salt Lake City."
- "Basically, just do what we say and nobody gets hurt."
Another Southwest flight attendant named David made news a few years back when he decided to go hip hop with the safety briefing.
Thanks to Mashable for pointing out this story.