ST. LUCIE COUNTY, FL (CBS12) -- Police arrested Robert Van Wagner and charged him with robbery by sudden snatching. The incident occurred on July 31, 2014 in the Sportsman's West football field parking lot.
A female juvenile leaving cheerleading practice was stopped by Mr. Van Wagner and asked for her socks, which she was holding in her hand. Mr. Van Wagner told the victim he needed her socks for a project. Mr. Van Wagner attempted to take her socks, but she was able to pull away, only to be blocked by a parked vehicle. Mr. Van Wagner began to plead with the victim in an effort to convince her to give him her socks. Mr. Van Wagner reached in and snatched the socks from her hands placing the socks in his pocket and walking away.
Parks Officers being aware that a similar incident occurred in 2012, were able to identify Mr. Van Wagner. Officers immediately put together a photo line-up and showed the victim. The victim was able to positively identify Robert Van Wagner as the person who snatched her socks. It should be noted in 2012 Port St Lucie Police arrested Mr. Van Wagner after asking three juvenile girls to put on socks he was carrying and run in them.
Port St Lucie Police arrested Mr. Van Wagner the following day. Port St Lucie Police are asking anyone who may have experienced a similar type scenario to contact the Police Department (772) 871-5001.
PHOTOS: Meth's devastating effects, before and after
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- 5-year-old mayor loses re-election in Minn.
- Police: Man attacked roommate for eating 3 cookies
- Fingertip bitten off at Beyonce-Jay Z concert
- Out-of-this-world saucer car!
- Teen tries to drain pond to rescue iPhone
- Otter attacks 8-year-old boy and his grandma
- 3-story 'female man-cave' burglarized
- Woman tries to steal police car, officers still inside
- Orlando man has messy mugshot