FARGO, N.D. (AP) — A North Dakota man has admitted to assaulting his sister over a toilet seat.
WDAY-TV in Fargo reports that 24-year-old Thaddeus Morgan has changed his plea to guilty to charges of simple assault and interference with telephone during emergency call.
Records show the fight started when Morgan forgot to put the seat down, which made his sister mad. Morgan then pushed and hit her, and tried to stop her from calling 911.
Leah Viste is an assistant state's attorney in Cass County. Viste tells the station that the case was "simply a sibling fight that got out of control."
Court records show Morgan has been sentenced to one year of supervised released and ordered to take anger management classes.
OTHER INTERESTING STORIES:
- Naked intruded left ID behind, cops say
- Man fakes death to avoid getting married
- Man wakes up, finds bloody stranger on couch
- Cops: Robber caught after showering, shaving
- COPS: 7-year-old turns mother in for cooking meth
- Naked man tried to rob bank, police say
- Police: Theft ring had $200,000 in stolen Legos
- Naked, sword yielding man subdued
PHOTOS: Miss Hooters 2014 Pageant
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.