A man who didn't want to go through with a wedding tried to get out of it by getting his fiancee to believe that he had killed himself, according to video from Huffington Post.
Brit Lanchester said she was planning their wedding in the U.K. when she received a call from the United States, where her boyfriend, Tucker Blandford, had been staying. Pretending to be his father, Blandford told Lanchester that her fiance had been suffering from depression and had thrown himself in front of a car, Huffington Post says.
Stunned, she called her would-be in-laws, who promptly told her he was very much alive. She also learned that the venue where they were supposed to marry was never reserved for the August wedding.
Blandford told media outlets that he was a "terrible person" but "didn't know what else to do."
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- Man wakes up, finds bloody stranger on couch
- Cops: Robber caught after showering, shaving
- COPS: 7-year-old turns mother in for cooking meth
- Naked man tried to rob bank, police say
- Police: Theft ring had $200,000 in stolen Legos
- Naked, sword yielding man subdued
- Why some find this chicken logo offensive
- WATCH: Baby goes crazy over remote control