MARLBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts man who fell asleep in a chair in his living room over the weekend got quite the surprise when he woke up — a bloody stranger asleep on the couch.
The Marlborough homeowner got his wife, children and father-in law out of the home at about 4:30 a.m. Saturday and called police.
The MetroWest Daily News reports that responding officers arrested 30-year-old Timothy Francis Benway and charged him with entering a building at night, putting a person in fear, and vandalism.
Police say Benway's injuries were consistent with a "highly intoxicated" person walking through a wooded area and falling down.
Bail was set at $500 at Benway's arraignment Monday. He told police he had no idea how he got injured or how he ended up in the home.
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- Cops: Robber caught after showering, shaving
- COPS: 7-year-old turns mother in for cooking meth
- Facebook video of 'high' dog stirs outrage
- Naked man tried to rob bank, police say
- Police: Theft ring had $200,000 in stolen Legos
- No charges to be filed against fake TSA agent
- VIDEO: Man drags safe behind car
- WATCH: Baby goes crazy over remote control
- Florida couple says home infested with snakes
- Woman learns husband is her long-lost brother
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.