WEST PALM BEACH, Florida (AP) - A planned South Florida condo that shared its name with a group of Islamic extremists is getting a new identity.
ISIS Downtown is a major development being built in West Palm Beach. ISIS is also one of the names for the al-Qaida splinter group behind the beheading of the American journalist James Foley.
The Palm Beach Post reports the new building is now being called 3 Thirty Three Downtown.
The developers haven't commented on the change. Tim Harris, the past president of the Realtor Association of the Palm Beaches, said the prior name had become "scarily negative."
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- 400 garden gnomes missing in Austria
- Ice bucket challenge video leads police to fugitive
- Boy finds 10,000-year-old arrowhead on Jersey shore
- Woman with life-like baby dolls arrested for trespassing in hospital
- Fort Myers restaurant's ketchup ban goes viral
- 38-year-old skeleton removed from woman
- Student writes about killing dinosaur, is arrested