KATY, Texas (KHOU) -- You've heard of deep sea fishing? Well how about deep sewer fishing?
Kyle Naegeli catches fish in his neighborhood's sewer system.
This is no fish tale, it's 16-year-old Kyle Naegeli's hobby. And the Katy High School junior is pretty darn good at it. He claims he's reeled in at least 200 fish from the storm drains on his street.
"It's a different place to fish," said Naegeli. "I like posting videos of it.
Naegeli has become a bit of a celebrity on YouTube, videos of him pulling out bass, perch and catfish from storm sewers has garnered hundreds of thousands of online views.
You've heard of deep sea fishing? Well how about deep sewer fishing?
His mom is proud.
"Everywhere he goes, he catches fish," said Lori Naegeli. "It's his passion, it's what he likes to do."
He's so good at catching fish, friends and family have started to call him the "fish whisperer".
Naegeli started fishing in manholes after his dad bet him he couldn't catch fish that way. He won the bet and invented a new sport -- sewer fishing.
In case you are wondering, the teen doesn't eat his bounty, he throws the fish back.
His talents aren't just limited to the storm drains though, he's started making the fish in his backyard pond do tricks, like jump through a hoop to get bait. He posts the videos on his YouTube site.
"It's just a hobby for now," said Naegeli.
The teen says he wants to fish professionally one day or go into a career working with wildlife.
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Bus driver gets high and crashes
- Inmate dies after eating underwear
- MUI: Man caught mowing under the influence
- Two-headed turtle born in Northeast Arkansas
- Boy ran over by SUV, gets up and stumbles away
- Beluga whale plays peek-a-boo with visitors
- Koala Bear Rescued With Mouth-To-Mouth
- 38-year-old skeleton removed from woman
- Man arrested after toilet-seat fight with sister
- COPS: 7-year-old turns mother in for cooking meth