FARMINGTON, CT (CNN/WTIC) – A police officer pulled over a school bus full of middle schoolers Wednesday morning after he noticed the bus driving erratically, according to CNN affiliate WTIC.
While the children were exiting the bus, the police officer said a few children made reference to the fact that the bus may have hit a curb or two a long the way.
The officer spoke with the bus driver identified as Tammy Costello, and came to the conclusion she was visibly intoxicated; then, performed field sobriety tests.
A police officer pulled over a school bus full of middle schoolers Wednesday morning after he noticed the bus driving erratically, according to CNN affiliate WTIC.
Her blood alcohol level was over three times the legal limit for a commercial vehicle, according to Lt. Colin Ryan of the Farmington Police Dept.
Ultimately, police took her into custody for driving under influence, failure to drive right, and 20 counts of risk of injury to a minor.
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- Family finds man declared 'dead' alive in body bag at morgue
- Mom's FB post gets son expelled
- Florida man says he killed 15 tortoises and planned on killing more
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Bus driver gets high and crashes
- Inmate dies after eating underwear
- Ice bucket challenge video leads police to fugitive
- Two-headed turtle born in Northeast Arkansas
- Boy finds 10,000-year-old arrowhead on Jersey shore