VERNAL, Utah (AP) - A Utah woman accused of using a pound of bacon to start a fire in her ex-boyfriend's house will stand trial on arson charges.
Police say Cameo Adawn Crispi, 32, repeatedly called and texted her former flame from his home in March, where she left the bacon over a lit burner.
The Deseret News reports the man wasn't home and called police saying he wanted Crispi out of his house. Officers arrived and saw smoke flowing out the front door. Inside, they found hot coals on the floor around an open wood stove and the burned bacon.
Charging documents say Crispi's blood-alcohol level was 0.346, four times the legal limit.
Crispi is due back in court in October to face arson, burglary and other charges.
OTHER WEIRD NEWS:
- Man charged with attacking teens with samurai sword
- VIDEO: Texas man crashes $1M car to collect insurance
- Scientists discover how Death Valley rocks move
- School bus driver arrested for DUI with kids on board
- Florida man says he killed 15 tortoises and planned on killing more
- Mom's FB post gets son expelled
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Bus driver gets high and crashes
- Two-headed turtle born in Northeast Arkansas
- Student writes about killing dinosaur, is arrested
- Koala Bear Rescued With Mouth-To-Mouth
- Officer busted with kilo of cocaine and 6-year-old son in backseat
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.