(AZCentral) - A "screaming" cat jumped on her owner's head and saved him from a fire at their Australian home, according to video from geobeats.
Craig Jeeves, who adopted Sally in Melbourne several years ago, credited the feline for saving his life.
"She jumped on my head and sort of like was screaming at me and woke me up otherwise I wouldn't have got up," Jeeves said.
Fire officials said the 49-year-old is lucky to be alive. He was treated for smoke inhalation and is staying with neighbors until he can rebuild his home, geobeats says.
OTHER WEIRD STORIES:
- Russian bank offers cats with mortgages
- Lilttle boy reacts to mom's pregnancy news and it's hilarious
- 10-foot python named 'Squeezer' on the loose
- Mom's FB post gets son expelled
- Watch: Astros fan's first pitch fail – yikes!
- Teens who microwaved kitten get community service
- Cat terrorizes Texas neighborhoo