WTSP is pleased to bring state-of-the art,
personal storm warning services to the Tampa/Saint Petersburg area.
Recent improvements in how the National Weather Service defines warning areas have resulted in significantly higher accuracy and smaller warned areas, compared to the decades-old county-wide warning method. http://www.nws.noaa.gov/sbwarnings
The WeatherCall® system continuously monitors the National Weather Service's NOAA weatherwire. Using computerized mapping (GIS) the system compares a subscriber's specific location to the location of the warning area. When a severe weather warning includes your location, you will receive a phone call from Chief Meteorologist Jim Van Fleet, 24 hours a day. You can also receive the warning by email with a detailed map of the threat or by SMS text messaging.
combined 1,778sq. miles TORNADO WARNING 574 square miles INSIDE the red box
WeatherCall@Home works with ANY type of phone.
For iPhone or Android smart phone users, WeatherCall Mobile is available.
Choose the type of service which is best for you:
- Monitors your home or business' permanent location.
- Tornado, and/or severe thunderstorm warning calls (flash flood warnings are done via email or SMS text notifications only).
- ANY type of phone can be called - land lines, basic cell phones, or smart phones.
- $9.95 annual subscription per address for up to 3 phone #'s.
- Sign up can be done online, by mail, or calling a toll free messaging service.
- "Follows" your smart phone's current location, capable of updating once every minute.
- Tornado, and/or severe thunderstorm, & flash flood warning notifications + "all clear" delivered by phone call and/or SMS text.
- $11.95 annual subscription per smart phone for NWS warnings.
- Optional LIGHTNING notification for within 6 miles, + "all clear" messages.
- $11.95 annual subscription per smart phone for lightning notifications.
- Bundle NWS warnings + lightning notification for $17.95 annual subscription.
More 10 News Mobile Weather: Weather E-Mail Newsletters | Weather Text Alerts | Mobile Weather