Do not use gas-powered generators indoors, including a garage

If you lose power, we will be broadcasting on several radio stations.

Do not use gas-powered generators indoors, even in a garage, the device can emit toxic exhaust and lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Carbon monoxide poisoning is deadly, and the only way to know if carbon monoxide is present in a home is through carbon monoxide alarms. 

It is not detectable by the human senses, which is why it is imperative these generators are not used indoors.

Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.

Have a news tip? Email tips@wtsp.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.

© 2017 WTSP-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment