TAMPA -- Some public facilities will be closing in preparation for Hurricane Irma this week as counties transition into emergency response mode.
Gov. Rick Scott has ordered all state offices to close through Monday.
Neighborly Care Network, which runs Meals on Wheels, Senior Dining Sites, Adult Day Care Centers, and transportation, will be closed will be closed Friday and Monday, Sept. 8 and Sept. 11.
The Florida Forest Service announced that it will be closing all state forest campgrounds at more than 20 state forests starting Friday.
The state campgrounds have been closed at the following locations:
Campgrounds for the following state forests will be closed starting Friday, Sept. 8:
- John M. Bethea State Forest
- Twin Rivers State Forest
- Cary State Forest
- Jennings State Forest
- Ralph E. Simmons State Forest
- Etoniah Creek State Forest
- Goethe State Forest
- Ross Prairie State Forest
- Welaka State Forest
- Lake George State Forest
- Matanzas State Forest
- Tiger Bay State Forest
- Seminole State Forest
- Withlacoochee State Forest
- Charles H. Bronson State Forest
- Little Big Econ State Forest
- Lake Wales Ridge State Forest
- Myakka State Forest
- Okaloacoochee Slough State Forest
- Picayune Strand State Forest
The Florida Department of Corrections has canceled weekend visitations at all state institutions for Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 9 and 10. This includes major institutions, work camps, community release centers and annex facilities. For more information, check out the department's website.
All Tampa YMCA locations will be closing Sunday and all programs will be canceled for Monday.
The following counties will be closing the following public facilities:
The following offices will be closed Thursday and Friday, Sept. 6 and 7:
-Hernando County Tax Collector
- Supervisor of Elections
- Hernando County Property Appraiser
The Clerk of Circuit Court and Comptroller will be open Thursday and closed Friday, Sept. 7.
The Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety in Tampa will be closed Thursday, Friday, and Monday, Sept. 7, 8, and 11. Offices are set to reopen Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed Friday and Monday, Sept. 8 and Sept. 11.
The Hillsborough County Tax Collector will be closed from Friday until Monday, Sept. 8th through Sept. 11.
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Orlando office located at 5629 Hoover Blvd. will be closed Friday.
Manatee County offices will be closing at noon Thursday, Sept. 7. County Administer Ed Hunzeker should be making an announcement on reopening Sunday evening.
Manatee County Tax Collector's Offices will be closed Friday.
Garbage collection on Saturday has also been canceled.
Manatee County also declared a local state of emergency Wednesday morning to allow for potential evacuation notices and hurricane shelter openings. Manatee County schools will be shut down Friday in case the schools are needed as evacuation shelters.
Manatee County Transit, including services, buses, trolleys, and shuttles, will be suspended starting Friday, Sept. 8. Handy Bus will be suspended except scheduled dialysis trips Friday and Saturday. Suspensions could last until Wednesday, Sept. 13.
For more information, residents can call the citizens' information center at (941) 749-3547 or visit the Manatee County website. For more information on Manatee County Government updates, check out the website.
All three Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections offices will be closed Friday, Sept. 8. Residents can the website visit for updates.
St. Pete closures:
- Elementary and middle school child care programs at St. Pete Parks and Recreation centers closed Sept. 7-8
- All Parks and Recreation facilities will be closed through Sept. 10
- All Golf Courses will be closed Sept. 8-10
- The St. Petersburg Library System will be closed Sept. 8-10
- Sunken Gardens will be closed now through Sept. 10
There will be no trash or recyclables pickup Monday.
Supervisor of Elections Offices will be closed Friday and Monday, Sept. 8 and Sept. 11.
The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority will be suspending all public transit systems Sunday, Sept. 10, which include the following:
- All PSTA Bus and Trolley Routes
- Jolley Trolley
- Downtown Looper
- DART (Care Ride)
Residents can call (727) 540-1900 for more information.
The Department of Health in Pinellas County will be closed Friday.
The Goodwill location at 10596 Gandy Blvd. will close Thursday.
Tampa Bay Downs will be closed Sunday and Monday.
The City of Dunedin will be closed Friday.
Pinellas Park will be closing city officials and the following public facilities Friday:
- Barbara S. Ponce Library located at 7770 52nd St N, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
- Skyview Pool located at 9040 54th Way, Pinellas Park, FL 33782
- All city parks will close at 5:00 pm on Friday, September, 8th..
The City of Tarpon Springs is closing the following facilities on the following dates:
- Recreation Center Classes and Events will be CANCELLED for Saturday and Sunday
- Municipal Golf Course – Closed Sunday and Monday
- Cycadia Cemetery – Closed Saturday at close of business through Monday
- Tarpon Springs Library – Closed Saturday and Sunday
- Heritage Museum and Safford House Museum – Closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- All City Parks and Beaches – Closed Saturday through Monday
The Property Appraiser, Clerk of Courts, and the Tax Collector facilities will close at noon Friday. The County Clerk of Courts will also be closed Monday and is expected to reopen Tuesday.
The City of Venice will not be collecting recyclables on Saturday, Sept. 9.
© 2017 WTSP-TV