TAMPA, Fla. -- Sandbags will be available to the public until further notice.
Where to find them, county by county:
There will be sandbag materials available at the following locations Wednesday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
- 4508 S. Grandmarch Ave. in Homosassa
- 7490 W. Gulf to Lake Hwy. in Crystal River
Sandbags will be limited to 25 per person. For more information, contact the Road maintenance Office at (352) 527-7610.
Sandbag materials will be available at the following locations starting Wednesday from 8 a.m. until sundown:
- Hernando Beach Water Tower, located at 4500 Shoal Line Boulevard in Hernando Beach 34607
- Department of Public Works, located at 1525 East Jefferson Street in Brooksville 34601
- Ridge Manor Community Center, located at 34240 Cortez Rd. in Dade City 33523
- Fire Rescue Station 1 located at 1479 Parker Avenue in Spring HIll 34606
Residents are asked to bring their own shovels.
Track the tropics: Download the 10News app
Hillsborough County -- 8 a.m. Thursday: distribution of sandbags has been suspended for now ... county had been going through an "unprecedented" 10,000 bags an hour
The city of Tampa plans to start its sandbag distribution ahead of Hurricane Irma starting at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 5. Pick-up hours are between 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Barksdale Active Adult Center - McFarlane Park: 1801 North Lincoln Ave.
- Bobby Hicks Pool - 4201 West Mango Ave.
- Jackson Heights Playground - 3310 East Lake Ave.
Hillsborough County will also be making sandbag materials available at all public works service units from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Thursday. The service units are at the following locations:
- West Service Unit - 9805 Sheldon Road in Tampa
- South Service Unit - 8718 Old Big Bend Road in Gibsonton
- East Service Unit - 4702 Sydney Road in Plant City
-Ed Radice Park - 1720 Ed Radice Drive in Tampa
-South County Community Collection Center - 13000 US Highway 41 in Gibsonton
-Hillsborough Heights Community Collection Center - 6209 CR 579 in Seffner
-Central Service Unit - 4115 South 66th Street in Tampa
For more information, residents can call (813) 272-5900 or go to the Hillsborough County website.
Free sand will be available Tuesday at Big Earth Landscape Supply at the following locations:
- 6001 15th St. E. in Bradenton
- 1010 10th St. E, in Palmetto
County crews will be giving out sandbags from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday. Sandbags will be available at the following locations:
- Buffalo Creek Park – 7550 69th St. E., Palmetto
- G.T. Bray Park – 5502 33rd Ave. Dr. W., Bradenton
- Lakewood Ranch Park – 5350 Lakewood Ranch Blvd., Bradenton
- Stormwater Ops – 5511 39th St. E., Bradenton
- Rubonia Community Center – 1309 72nd St. E., Palmetto
For more information, check out the Manatee County Government website or residents can call (941) 748-4501.
Pasco County will be making sandbag stations for residents to fill their own sandbags at the following locations 8 a.m. to midnight:
- Mitchell Park, 4825 Little Road, New Port Richey
- Fire Station #17, 2951 Seven Springs Blvd, New Port Richey
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course Clubhouse, 7223 Massachusetts Ave, New Port Richey
- Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Rd, Hudson
- C-Barn, 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
- Dade City Police Dept., 38042 Pasco Ave., Dade City
- Land O’ Lakes Rec Center, 3032 Collier Pkwy, Land O’ Lakes
- Wesley Chapel District Park, 7727 Boyette Rd, Wesley Chapel
- Zephyrhills Fire Station, 6907 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills
The city of New Port Richey is also giving out sandbags from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. daily at 6420 Pine Hill Road, Port Richey.
For more information, check out the Pasco County website or call (727) 847-2411.
In St. Petersburg, sandbags will be available from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. for the rest of the week at the following locations:
- Northeast Park - 875 62nd Avenue NE (Cardinal drive entrance to Mangrove Bay Golf Course)
- Bartlett Park - 2000 7th St S (off 22nd Avenue South between 6th and 7th Street South)
- Northwest Pool Parking Lot - 2331 60th Street North
- Lake Vista Recreation Center - 1401 62nd Avenue South
Sandbags at the above locations will be limited to 10 per person and require proof of residency or a utility bill.
Sandbags will also be made available for areas in unincorporated Pinellas during daylight hours. Residents will be expected to fill their own sandbags. The limit will be 20 sandbags per person. Materials will be available in the following locations:
- John Chesnut Sr. Park, 2200 East Lake Road in Palm Harbor
- Lealman Community Park, 3890 55th Ave. N. in St. Petersburg
- Taylor Park, 1100 Eighth Ave. S.W. in Largo
For more information, residents can call (727) 464-4333 or check out the Pinellas County website.
Polk County is offering self-serve filling sites for sandbags and asks residents to bring their own shovel. The limit will be 30 bags per person.
Filling stations are located at the following fire stations at the following times, according to the Polk County government website:
- Babson Park Fire Station 920 - Sep 05 10 a.m.
- Caloosa Lake Fire Station 910 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Cottonwood Fire Station 220 - Jul 27 10:00 AM
- Crystal Lake Support Station - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Cypress Garden Station 580 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Golfview Fire Station 870 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Indian Lake Estates Fire Station 960 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Jan Phyl Village Fire Station 450 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Mulberry Fire Station 720 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Nalcrest Fire Station 950 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Polk City Fire Station 130 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Providence Fire Station 120 - Sep 05 11:00 AM
- Sleepy Hill Fire Station 110 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Solivita Fire Station 670 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
- Willow Oak Fire Station 710 - Sep 05 10:00 AM
For more information on filling sandbags, click here.
The City of Venice Public Works will have sandbag materials available starting Wednesday at 10 a.m. at the following locations:
- Behind Venice City Hall at Avenue Des Parques and West Venice Avenue
- Wellfield police range off Pinebrook Road
© 2017 WTSP-TV