TAMPA -- Counties across Tampa Bay have handed out an unprecedented amount of sandbags in preparation of Hurricane Irma.
The following counties have sandbags available Thursday.
Hernando County - Hernando County plans to suspend sandbag supplies at 4 p.m. Thursday, but may have to suspend distribution sooner depending on demand. Distribution expected to start again Friday.
Hillsborough County -- 1 p.m. Thursday: Distribution of sandbags will start again at 1 p.m. The county had been going through an "unprecedented" 10,000 bags an hour.
The service units are at the following locations:
- West Service Unit - 9805 Sheldon Road in Tampa
- South Service Unit - 8718 Old Big Bend Road in Gibsonton
- East Service Unit - 4702 Sydney Road in Plant City
Residents will be expected to make their own sandbags and must provide ID. Max number is 25 sandbags per person.
For more information, residents can call (813) 272-5900 or go to the Hillsborough County website.
The City of Tampa will have sandbags available at the following locations:
- Bobby Hicks Pool located at 4201 West Mango Ave.
- MacFarlane Park located at 1801 North Lincoln Ave.
- Al Barnes Park located at 2902 N. 32nd St.
- Himes Ave. Sports Complex located at 4407 S. Himes Ave.
Residents will be required to show proof of ID and will be limited to 10 bags per person.
Manatee County -
Sandbags will be available at the following locations until 7 p.m. today and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday:
- Buffalo Creek Park
7550 69th St E
Palmetto, FL 34220
- G.T. Bray Park
5502 33rd Ave Dr W
Bradenton, FL 34209
- Lakewood Ranch Park
5350 Lakewood Ranch Blvd
Bradenton, FL 34211
- Stormwater Ops
5511 39th St E
Bradenton, FL 34203
- Rubonia Community Center
1309 72nd St E
Palmetto, FL 34221
Pasco County -
Sandbags will be offered from 8 a.m. to midnight at the following locations:
-Mitchell Park, 4825 Little Road, New Port Richey
- Fire Station #17, 2951 Seven Springs Blvd, New Port Richey
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course Clubhouse, 7223 Massachusetts Ave, New Port Richey
- Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Rd, Hudson
- C-Barn, 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
- Dade City Police Dept., 38042 Pasco Ave., Dade City
- Land O' Lakes Rec Center, 3032 Collier Pkwy, Land O' Lakes
- Wesley Chapel District Park, 7727 Boyette Rd, Wesley Chapel
-Zephyrhills Fire Station, 6907 Dairy Road, Zephyrhills
- Gulf View Square Mall, 9409 U.S. 19 (Behind mall)
Pinellas County -
The city of St. Petersburg has distributed its entire supply of sandbags.
St. Petersburg city workers gave out a total of 152,000 sandbags at six different sites over three days to help residents prepare for Hurricane Irma.
No St. Petersburg sandbag sites will be open on Friday.
Residents can fill their bags with alternative materials such as topsoil from their yards or cat litter.
Pinellas Park: Sandbags will be available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and residents will be allowed to get up to 10 sandbags with proof of residency and ID.
-Public Works Facilities Building located at 6101 78th Ave. N. 33782
Self-serve sandbags with bags, sand, and shovels provided:
-Helen Howarth Park located at 6301 94th Ave. in Pinellas Park 33782
For more information, residents can call (727) 369-5850.
The City of Dunedin will have the following locations available from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily:
-Highlander Park located just west of the Fine Art Center on Michigan Blvd.
-1910 Ed Eckert Drive located about a half block west of the above site.
Proof of residency will be required and the city will provide sandbags, sand, and shovels.
Sarasota County -
The City of Venice will have sandbags available at the following locations starting around noon:
- Avenue Des Parques and West Venice Ave. behind City Hall
- Wellfield police range off Pinebrook Road
Sand and shovels will be offered but residents will be required to bring their own bags. The city gave out 5,000 bags Wednesday.
© 2018 WTSP-TV