FORT PIERCE, Fla. — A Florida police officer has been suspended for allegedly playing Barry White while letting an arrested couple smoke and make-out in the back of his patrol car.
According to an internal affairs report released Friday, Fort Pierce Police Officer Doug McNeal placed the couple in the back of his patrol car after they'd been charged with shoplifting in July.
Authorities said 23-year-old Zachery Moellendick and 24-year-old Krista Leigh were not placed in seatbelts and that Moellendick was not in handcuffs and had a lighter and a cigarette.
The alleged incident was captured on video.
Florida Today reports the video shows the couple making out. Authorities say the officer played "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love" and agreed to let them smoke.
The agency says McNeal has been suspended for 20 days without pay. It's unclear if he had an attorney to comment on the charges.
What other people are reading right now:
- Rape kit tested 12 years later led to arrest of Florida man
- Teenager mugged, beaten walking home from school
- Port Richey mayor accused of shooting at deputies resigns, official says
- Student pilot walks away from plane crash that killed instructor
- Are you legally required to show your receipt when leaving a Walmart? | VERIFY
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.