ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - The inaugural Skyway 10K is set for Sunday, March 4.
The event is sold out with 7,000 people planning to run or walk across the iconic Sunshine Skyway Bridge.
Participants will run a 6.2-mile course and the proceeds from the event will benefit the Armed Forces Families Foundation.
Important traffic info for Sunday, March 4:
- The northbound lanes of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge (Interstate 275) will be closed from 4 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- The southbound lanes of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge (I-275) will remain open with a southbound traffic flow only.
- 4th Avenue South between Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard and 16th Street will be closed from 3 a.m. 11 a.m. to allow a clear route for the race shuttle bus.
- Detour: Use I-75 in Hillsborough County as an alternate route for northbound Sunshine Skyway Bridge (I-275). This detour can take an extra 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic through Tampa.
- Tropicana Field will provide free parking for race day weekend. Parking is available for all race participants and spectators on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The parking lots will fill up fast, so consider carpooling or street parking.
Bus departure schedule from Tropicana Field:
Bus Departure Approximate Race Start
5:00 a.m. 6:10 a.m.
5:45 a.m. 6:45 a.m.
6:30 a.m. 7:10 a.m.
If you are not participating in the Inaugural Skyway 10K events, consider your weekend plans carefully. For example, if you live in Pinellas County, you may not want to plan a beach day in Sarasota on Sunday.
The events at Tropicana Field on Saturday and Sunday are free to the public. You can watch the race live on 10 News WTSP.
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.