COCOA, Fla. — A 47-year-old woman is facing an attempted murder charge after deputies say she shot her boyfriend because he was snoring too loudly.
The Brevard County Sheriff's Office told WKMG that Lorie Morin was arrested on charges of attempted murder and aggravated battery.
The shooting was reported Wednesday night. The man was taken to a local hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
After speaking with Morin and the boyfriend, deputies first thought the shooting may have been accidental. But an ongoing investigation by the sheriff's office found the shooting happened during a domestic violence incident.
WKMG said the argument was over the man snoring too loudly. When the argument escalated, Morin got a shotgun and fired it, hitting her boyfriend.
Deputies said Morin and the man had been drinking before and during the argument.
Morin is at the Brevard County Jail without bond.
What other people are reading right now:
- Indian restaurant shut down after city reports large rodent inside
- CBS to air full R. Kelly interview with Gayle King in primetime special
- Man assaults girlfriend after finding her with another woman, deputies say
- 20 feet down in Lake Michigan there is a 12 foot tall statue of Christ
- April the Giraffe updates: 'April has profoundly advanced'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.