RIVERVIEW, Fla. — It's official: A Florida man who made it his mission to see "Avengers: Endgame" 200 times and set a world record did it-- sort of.
While Marvel super fan Agustin Alanis fell just nine showings short of 200, he still was able to claim the Guinness World Record Book title for "The Most Cinema Productions Attended - Same Film” by seeing the movie 191 times.
The Florida man tweeted his accomplishment earlier this month.
10 Tampa Bay talked to Alanis back in the summer of 2019 and he told us then he thinks he spent around $2,000 just on tickets.
Aside from the price tag, the length of the movie also makes his accomplishment incredible. The movie clocks in at three hours and two minutes.
- Doctors say vaccine passports make sense to limit spread of COVID-19
- 'It moved fast:' UK variant now causing most COVID-19 cases in Florida, doctor says
- Derek Chauvin trial: Witness testimony to resume Tuesday with professional fighter
- Elevated levels of red tide reported in southwest Florida
- Study finds high levels of carcinogen in some hand sanitizer brands
- Church transformed into luxury home up for sale in St. Petersburg
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter