TAMPA, Fla — This weekend you can take the plunge and help clean upTampa Bay.
The Florida Aquarium and Green Gasparilla have joined forces once again to remove beads from the water around Davis Islands following Gasparilla. Each year the teams have collect around 200 pounds of beads out of the Bay.
And, they're looking for divers, kayakers, and land volunteers to help.
The event will run from 8:30-11:00 a.m. on Saturday at Marjorie Park on Davis Islands in Tampa.
If you go, you're encouraged to bring a reusable water bottle. There will be a place to fill it, but no single-use items. Click this link to register.
What other people are reading right now:
- One dolphin shot, another stabbed. Wildlife officers are searching for a killer
- Search for baby Andrew, the infant sought amid an Amber Alert, winds down
- Police: Dad lied about stranger kidnapping 3-year-old because dispatcher wouldn't listen
- Ex-St. Petersburg police officer pleads guilty to child porn
- Parents, here's a new app your kids might be using that you should know about
- Judge denies mistrial in case of Florida ice cream truck driver accused of murder