TAMPA, Fla. — Gasparilla season is upon us, and avast! You need to know where to park and where you're allowed to go to the bathroom.
With more than 300,000 spectators expected, traffic and parking can be as nightmarish as expected.
The Gasparilla parade route will stretch from Bay to Bay Boulevard and Bayshore Boulevard and continue north along Bayshore, ending at Edison Avenue.
RELATED: When is Gasparilla 2020?
Things to know when parking:
There is a lot of information to know about parking for the event. Click here for the latest information.
Where you can park:
Let's start with docking your ship, or in this case, your car. The City of Tampa has provided handy-dandy parking maps for parade-goers for theate Fest.
Meters south of Kennedy Boulevard and on Kennedy will be enforced from 8 a.m. until midnight.
The city has also included parking and viewing location detail along with handicap-accessible parking and viewing to persons with disabilities.
- Bayshore Beautiful and Bay-to-Bay/El Prado Area
- Bayshore Gardens
- Davis Islands
- Historic Hyde Park (North Side) and Hyde Park Spanishtown Creek (West Side)
- Historic Hyde Park (South Side)
- Hyde Park Spanishtown Creek (East Side)
- Hyde Park Preservation
- New Suburb Beautiful
- Palma Ceia (East Side)
- Palma Ceia (West Side)
- Parkland Estates
- Neighborhood Parking Rules
Downtown public parking facilities for the parade and pirate fest will also be available Saturday. The following parking garages will be available:
- Tampa Convention Center Garage (Tampa Street and Brorein Street) will open at 7 a.m., $10 per vehicle.
- Fort Brooke Garage (Witing Street between Franklin Street and Florida Avenue) will open at 7 a.m., $10 per vehicle.
- Poe Garage (Ashley Street, south of Cass Street) will open at 7 a.m., $10 per vehicle. Parade-goers will have limited access to the William Poe Parking Garage from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. during the pirate festival.
- Twiggs Street Garage (Twiggs Street, west of Nebraska Avenue) will open at 7 a.m., hourly rate of $1.20/hour, with a $7 daily maximum. Automated facility with pay station collecting payment on the exit.
- Centro Ybor Garage (5th Avenue and 15th Street) will open at 6 a.m., standard hourly rate with a $9 maximum.
- Palm Ave. Garage (13th Street and 9th Avenue) will be open at 6 a.m., standard hourly rate with $9 maximum
- Royal Regional Lot (Tampa Street and Fortune Street) will be open at 7 a.m., $10 per vehicle
Where restrooms will be available:
Port-o-lets will be located throughout the event site, parade route on both sides of the street, near all reserved seating sections, and downtown at the pirate street fest.
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10 News app now.