TAMPA, Fla. — The Gasparilla Pirate Invasion ended with just over 20 arrests.
Tampa police said there were 21 total arrests—and the majority of them were for boating under the influence.
The day of festivities ended with two felonies: one for grand theft and the other for burglary.
There were four misdemeanor arrests: two for battery, one for improper display of a firearm and one for resisting arrest without violence.
The total number of boating under the influence arrests were 15.
These numbers were sent out by the Tampa Police Department and they could change as the celebration continues.
What other people are reading right now:
- Gasparilla Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2020 pirate festival
- Florida fisherman fined $2,000 for killing endangered smalltooth sawfish
- 30-foot boat catches fire near Gandy Beach
- Tiny fruit, big deal: 22nd annual Kumquat Festival brings thousands of people to Dade City
- Pentagon: 34 US troops suffered 'traumatic brain injuries' from Iranian attack
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower