TAMPA, Fla. — If you're more into My Hero Academia than superheroes, MetroCon is the geek convention for you.
For the last 16 years, MetroCon has brought thousands of anime fans together in Tampa for a long weekend of cosplay, shopping and meeting their favorite voice actors.
This year, celebrity guests include voice actors from Attack on Titan, Black Butler, Dragon Ball, Fullmetal Alchemist and One Piece. The event also features YouTube celebrities and famous cosplayers.
Special events include a human chess match, tabletop gaming, a metro arcade room, a dance contest and raves, cosplay contests and a LARP dungeon.
Single-day passes are $40 for Friday and Saturday and $35 for Sunday. Multi-day passes and packages are also available.
Find tickets and a full programming schedule here.
What other people are reading right now:
- Convicted child molester who escaped from Florida prison captured in Miami-Dade
- Mother arrested after daughter licks tongue depressor, puts it back at Jacksonville doctor's office
- Dolphin found impaled in the head in South Florida
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he's facing criminal charges
- Fecal pollution puts Tampa area beaches under 'health advisory'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.