TAMPA, Fla. — 10News has been proud to sponsor the 14th annual Miles for Moffitt run/walk in downtown Tampa.
It's our tenth year as a sponsor, and we couldn't be more honored to support the event. All proceeds go directly to support lifesaving cancer research at Moffitt Cancer Center.
Through Saturday afternoon, more than $1.3 million has been raised, with more than 7,000 donors contributing -- the most ever.
Moffitt researchers are on the front lines of the battle to defeat cancer, and they've already made significant breakthroughs -- allowing patients to benefit from their findings. But there's more work to be done so lives can be saved.
Every penny donated brings us closer to seeing the day when cancer is no longer a threat. Click here to donate to our 10News team. 10News anchor Allison Kropff is the team captain.
So far, more than $2,000 has been raised through the 10News team!
The 2019 Miles for Moffitt event is being held Saturday, Nov. 23, at Amalie Arena's Ford Thunder Alley. The start and finish lines are on Channelside Drive in front of the arena.
Click here for more information about Miles for Moffitt.
What other people are reading right now:
- The 'boat graveyard': Why are there more than a dozen old, sunken boats sitting in Tampa Bay?
- Searching for lost graves at MacDill won’t be easy
- Video shows lightning appearing to hit Emirates plane twice
- Family hopes to reconnect with grieving parents who gave their daughter a special ring at Disney
- Police: St. Pete parents spanked child so much he couldn't sit in class
FREE 10NEWS APP: