TAMPA, Fla. — Americans are expected to spend $5.6 billion on St. Patrick's Day this year, according to WalletHub.
If you're looking for the best places to spend some of that green, look no further than right here in Tampa.
Tampa got the no. 5 spot on WalletHub's list of best places to go for St. Patrick's Day. The best city in the country for the holiday is Chicago, followed by Philadelphia; Madison, Wisconsin, and Boston.
Tampa also tied with New York City for the city with the most Irish pubs and restaurants per capita. Miami ranked in the list of "highest access to bars," and Port St. Lucie ranked no. 2 for "lowest crime rate" on the holiday.
Every year, the city of Tampa dyes the Hillsborough River bright green to celebrate the holiday and the Mayor's River O'Green party.
The dye is safe for humans, wildlife and the environment.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Kids drown after being left in locked car while mom ran into a store
- Florida woman accused of killing 11-year-old to keep her from having sex
- Florida man accused of 'intentionally' pressure washing his neighbor
- VIDEO: Horse seen in bed of a pick-up truck traveling on the highway
- Man nearly swallowed by whale lives to tell the tale
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.