ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Legoland. Disney World. Busch Gardens. There's a long list of theme parks to check out here in Florida.
It's no surprise many of the parks in the Sunshine State ended up on USA Today's "10 Best Readers Choice Awards" list of amusement parks in the country. But the number one winner may surprise you.
Readers were asked to rank the best theme parks in the country based on the overall atmosphere of the park and the rides. And there are plenty to chose from. The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions says North America is home to more than 400 amusement parks and attractions.
SeaWorld Orlando, despite controversies over the care of its animals, landed the number one spot.
Busch Gardens in Tampa took sixth place. The Busch Gardens in Williamsburg was a few spots higher at number four.
While Disney World didn't take the top spot, one of its four parks in Orlando did make the list. Magic Kingdom came in at number nine.
What other people are reading right now:
- Lightning become back-to-back Stanley Cup champs with 1-0 win over Canadiens
- Here's where you can buy Tampa Bay Lightning Stanley Cup champs gear
- Search of collapsed Florida condo shifting from rescue to recovery
- U.S. Capitol Police to open Tampa field office to investigate insurrection
- Coast Guard: 9 people missing in waters south of Key West
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter