TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa’s Pirate Water Taxi is the perfect ride for an evening stroll on the Hillsborough River, but this time of the year, it’s turned into a holiday light show.
“It's an annual tradition,” Marketing Director of Pirate Water Taxi Jennifer Richardson said. “So we just thought it was a great way to spread Christmas cheer on the water in Tampa what better way than caroling on the river on the water taxis.”
The 45-minute ride also features festive narration, Christmas carolers by Dicken Carolers, hot chocolate and holiday cookies to get you into the Christmas spirit.
“We had to be creative in Tampa because we don't get snow,” Richardson said. “So what better way in Tampa than to Carol on the river but on the water, you can't do that anywhere.”
The forecast doesn’t call for snow, but the River of Lights is not stopping that from happening.
The event starts Nov. 29 and will continue on selected nights through the month of December. You can visit PirateWaterTaxi.com to purchase tickets and for more information.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police told him his mom was murdered, and his 13-year-old son killed her. He doesn't know what to do
- Two people arrested for pulling a horse behind a pickup truck
- Classrooms in Crisis: Tampa Bay area teachers are being injured by students
- Instant Pot releases special Star Wars collection
- Deputies: Half-naked Florida man makes a – mess – all over an elementary school
FREE 10NEWS APP: