TAMPA, Fla. — You'll have to switch the channel to 10News (CBS) when the Super Bowl comes to town.
Variety magazine reports CBS and NBC will swap each other's airings of the big game in 2021 and 2022. CBS, which aired the last Super Bowl, was supposed to take its turn next in 2022.
But a switch to 2021, when Super Bowl LV is in Tampa, allows CBS to air the event and not compete with the Winter Olympics on NBC, Variety reports.
It benefits both networks: NBC now will have the Olympics and a Super Bowl on its air in 2022.
Raymond James Stadium last hosted a Super Bowl in 2009, a game between the Pittsburg Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals. The Steelers won 27-23.
What other people are reading right now:
- Georgia bill would require men to report every release of sperm to officers
- 'I grabbed the rest of the chain on my leg and I ran': Woman describes days of being held against her will
- IMG Academy director accused of taking exams in college admissions scam
- 'Yuki' the wolf-dog captivates the world after sanctuary saves him from kill shelter
- Police: Florida dad brought loaded AK-47 to middle school after child said teacher 'slammed him'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.