Vietnam veteran released from hospital after 40-day battle with COVID-19
After 40 days of care and 24 days on a ventilator, Vietnam veteran Harril Bowen, Jr., best known as "Bobby," finally got to go back home.
He got a celebratory send-off from the staff and then was escorted through the hospital's exit with his motorcycle club.
He was admitted to an Arkansas hospital on March 29 and was the hospital's first critical coronavirus patient.
The staff there said Bobby left an ever-lasting impact on everyone he met at the hospital.
Porch dance parties
How about this creative approach to staying active while at home?
Every day at 4 p.m., one neighborhood in Washington D.C. has a daily porch dance party.
What other people are reading right now:
- Pinellas County green-lights the reopening of movie theaters, tattoo services
- As Florida fully implements phase one, new droplet study raises concerns
- Florida Keys will reopen to visitors on June 1
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa will reopen on Thursday
- President Trump says he's been taking malaria drug to protect against COVID-19
- Tropical Storm Arthur churns in the Atlantic, moves away from Florida
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter