MIAMI — Actor Will Smith documented his first colonoscopy recently on his YouTube channel.
The “Men in Black” star turned 51 in September. He had the procedure done at a hospital in Miami on Aug. 21.
Smith cracked jokes during the nearly 18-minute video at one point saying, “My a** gonna be out.”
The camera stopped rolling during the actual procedure but picked up again when the actor was in recovery.
Several days after the procedure he got a call from his doctor, Dr. Ala Stanford, who told Smith a polyp was removed from his cecum, the largest part of the colon. It was removed and tests revealed it was precancerous tissue.
“Ninety-five percent of colon cancers arise from that type of polyp,” Stanford said.
She told Smith he would need another colonoscopy in two to three years.
“It’s important to me to be able to share this with people,” Smith told Stanford.
What other people are reading right now:
- Emails reveal calls for Hillsborough commissioner to recuse himself after 10Investigates story
- Suspect in Aniah Blanchard disappearance arrested in Florida
- Chemical mixture at Buffalo Wild Wings kills 1 employee
- Sheriff: Former middle school assistant principal, theme park workers caught in child porn bust
- Thief steals thousands of dollars in gifts from Clearwater couple's wedding
FREE 10NEWS APP: