SARASOTA, Fla — She’s the first woman to hold the position of chief of police in Sarasota and now Chief Bernadette DiPino can say she is in a Stephen King novel!
King’s latest release, “The Institute,” mentions Chief Bernadette DiPino as the chief of police and a fictional ex-cop who was forced to resign. There are also a few mentions of the Tampa Bay region including Ellenton, and the Tampa International Airport.
Chief DiPino said she was told about her small role in the novel by a family friend reading the book.
She said in the city newsletter she is a big fan of Stephen King stories and is honored to be included.
King is no stranger to the Sarasota area and owns a home in Casey Key.
What other people are reading right now:
- Classrooms in Crisis: Tampa Bay area teachers are being injured by students
- Instant Pot releases special Star Wars collection
- Trump signs bill into law making animal cruelty a federal felony
- Prosthetic legs stolen from double-amputee high school wrestler
- Police: 13-year-old accused of killing grandmother was found covered in blood
- 'We're still here:' Seminole Tribe shares dark history of Egmont Key
FREE 10NEWS APP: