TAMPA, Fla. — Out of the top 50 most family-friendly cities in the U.S., our own Tampa ranks fourth.
Florida also has four cities on the list from Homes.com: Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and Miami.
Homes.com compiled the list of the most family-friendly cities in the country to "help parents learn more about which places are great for raising children."
The site said it compared the 50 cities based on school quality, park availability, cost of living, safety, childcare availability and commute length.
Almost every city in the top 10 spots is in the south, except for Pittsburgh. Virginia Beach ranked no. 1 with a score of 44.98 out of 50.
The site said the lowest-ranking cities were "held back by low safety scores and high costs of living." The three lowest-ranking cities are Memphis, Tenn., San Francisco and New York.
What other people are reading right now:
- Georgia bill would require men to report every release of sperm to officers
- He used a cotton swab. Then he got a skull infection.
- IMG Academy director accused of taking exams in college admissions scam
- 'Yuki' the wolf-dog captivates the world after sanctuary saves him from kill shelter
- Port Richey's acting mayor gets arrested, just weeks after the mayor
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.