SUNSET BEACH, N.C. — An unexpected guest was found relaxing on somebody’s front sidewalk Thursday morning in Sunset Beach.
Sunset Beach police posted a photo of an 8-foot long alligator just hanging out on the sidewalk.
Officers said they stood by and waited for the reptile to move along.
Sunset Beach officers said this was a good reminder that alligators are protected animals in North Carolina that can’t be fed, harassed or harmed by anyone. They said the scaly creatures live in a lot of the ponds around Sunset Beach and find their way into surprising places.
What other people are reading right now:
- Convicted child molester who escaped from Florida prison captured in Miami-Dade
- Mother arrested after daughter licks tongue depressor, puts it back at Jacksonville doctor's office
- Dolphin found impaled in the head in South Florida
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he's facing criminal charges
- Fecal pollution puts Tampa area beaches under 'health advisory'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.