PORT ARANSAS, Texas — A local fish cleaner was caught by surprise cleaning a massive shark at Dolphin Docks in Port Aransas.
Local resident Chris Cremeen said he wanted to record a video to demonstrate how large fish are cleaned, but was shocked when he opened the 11 foot long, over 400 pound shark, and found the remains of a sea turtle and dolphin inside.
Cremeen said the shark was caught 30 miles off shore.
Since dolphins are federally protected dead or alive, Texas Game Wardens were notified so the remains could be properly disposed.
For the latest updates on coronavirus in the Coastal Bend, click here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Dia De Los Muertos festival is back for 2021
- Texas leads nation in deaths caused by teen drivers
- PRIDE month festivities back in Corpus Christi for 2021
- IRS: Texans affected by winter storm have until June 15 to file taxes
- Ages 12 and older can now get the COVID-19 vaccine in Nueces County. Here's what you need to know.