TAMPA, Fla. — This weekend could be the perfect time to bring a four-legged family member home.
Hillsborough County’s Pet Resource Center said it had 276 dogs in its care —which puts the shelter at 112 percent capacity.
The shelter accepts cats and dogs of all ages, breeds and ages.
Shelter officials said since it has been near its dog capacity for weeks they decided to waive fees for all “ready to go dogs” starting Friday, March 15 and continuing through Sunday, March 17.
Shelter staff said this is because they’re trying to move the high number of dogs out of the shelter.
All the dogs that will available this weekend are on the Pet Resource Center’s website.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of impregnating teen after she asked him to
- Child dies after being struck by vehicle in Walmart parking lot
- Man wanted for murder after woman's body found behind dumpster
- 34 years later, police make arrest in cold case murder of Navy recruit
- ►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.