TAMPA, Fla. — A congratulation is in order for a momma peacock, which very fittingly laid eggs on Mother's Day at a Tampa private Pre-K 3 through 8th-grade school this past Sunday.
The peacocks have called Corbett Preparatory School of IDS home for around 50 years and walk the school's campus daily, the school says.
The eggs were laid right next to a middle school building. A prep teacher who has been with the private school since its opening 50 years ago says the peacocks used to live in Orange Groves in Carrollwood.
The school continues to be a happy, safe place for the birds to spread and flaunt their feathers. Peacock eggs typically take around 30 days to hatch, so maybe the babies will hatch just in time for Father's Day!
What other people are reading right now:
- Grandpa carjacked at gunpoint, doesn't panic
- FHP: Florida man driving Cadillac from sunroof says he'd rather go to jail than back to his wife
- Gov. DeSantis vetoes bill that would have put an end to straw bans
- Father might be heading to Georgia after breaking into home, removing daughter
- The 24 best Mother's Day deals and freebies for 2019
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.