TREASURE ISLAND, Fla. — An injured manatee was stuck in one of the intercoastal waterways on Treasure Island Sunday evening.
Neighbors said the manatee was bleeding and they think a boat hit her.
FWC was called to help the manatee and her calf. FWC said they would leave them there because she was breathing okay and she was able to swim away from them when they tried to approach her.
What other people are reading right now:
- Tropical Storm Karen could bring strong winds, heavy rain to Puerto Rico
- Woman arrested after video shows her kick dog, pull it off the ground by the leash
- You have just a year left to get a gold star on your driver's license
- 6-year-old Florida girl arrested after tantrum at school
- Pittsburgh police: At least 3 people dead, 4 hospitalized in suspected drug overdose
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter