BRANDON, Fla. — A storm drain isn't the place for ducklings, especially when they've been separated from mama duck.
Few high-pitched baby cries were enough to capture someone's attention Monday morning at Westfield Brandon mall. The person called for help, and two Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office deputies came to the rescue.
Deputies Cote and Suarez lifted the metal cover from the drain and were able to retrieve all nine ducklings.
"Sometimes it’s a bad guy and sometimes it’s a duck," the sheriff's office said.
It's all in a day's work.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man accused of sexually battering 6-year-old girl
- Florida couple forgot they left their toddler at the park for hours: deputies
- Man electrocuted trying to use a metal pole to remove bird from power line
- Fifth earthquake strikes near Alabama-Florida state line
- 'Dreamer' flight attendant detained by ICE after flying to Mexico for her job
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.