PASCO COUNTY, Fla. — A Pasco County K-9 with a famous benefactor is on the mend after spraining his ankle, the sheriff's office said.
A Twitter post shows Doc with a bandaged right rear foot. The sheriff's office asked for "pawsitive thoughts and prayers to this little hero."
The yellow lab was purchased with $10,000 that was donated by former major league pitcher Roy Halladay. The K-9 was named in honor of Halladay's nickname, "Doc" Halladay.
Halladay died in a small plane crash in November 2017.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' stars indicted by federal grand jury
- Longtime Hillsborough County bus driver dies on first day of school
- Video: Comedian Andy Dick knocked cold outside of New Orleans club
- Woman killed after loose tire flies off truck, hits car
- Florida cop sues dating site for using his photo after his wife asked him about it
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.