CLEARWATER, Fla. — A Clearwater police officer got up-close and personal with nature during a recent call.
Officer Kyle Bingham was called to a Super 8 motel on U.S. 19 when someone spotted a suspicious subject hanging out between two rooms.
When he got there, he nabbed the culprit: a 2-foot baby gator.
Bingham helped relocated the gator to a nearby lake.
The officer does more than wrangle gators: He was one of the police officers who made the news recently when they bought a homeless man who had ripped his pants a new pair of trousers.
What other people are reading right now:
- Convicted child molester who escaped from Florida prison captured in Miami-Dade
- Mother arrested after daughter licks tongue depressor, puts it back at Jacksonville doctor's office
- Dolphin found impaled in the head in South Florida
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he's facing criminal charges
- Fecal pollution puts Tampa area beaches under 'health advisory'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.