SARASOTA, Fla — A dive team with the Sarasota Police Department literally swam with the fishes and had a close encounter with some sharks, the department said.
And, it was all caught on video.
It happened during a training session offshore in the Gulf, police say.
"This may look like something off National Geographic but this feeding frenzy is what our dive team encountered at a recent training offshore in the Gulf," Sarasota Police wrote on social media. "No officers were hurt but they did decide this was the perfect time to take lunch."
- How to get through Florida's allergy season
- Polk County Schools says student information may have been exposed in data breach
- Here are the 10 people killed in the Boulder, Colorado, shooting
- Reports: Woman found dead in Florida hotel after 2 spring breakers drugged, raped her, police say
- These doctors say it’s best Florida doesn’t follow other states’ leads and expand vaccine eligibility too soon
- Wednesday is stimulus check payday for millions of Americans
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter