POLK COUNTY, Fla. — June is National Adopt a Shelter Cat Month, which means it's the purrr-fect time to give a home to a kitten in need.
And in a new video, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd tells us about some of our furry friends that need to be adopted right here in the Tampa Bay area.
The hilarious video, showing Judd holding an adorable kitten, reminds us just how important it is to find a home for these animals.
Polk County Animal Services makes it easy, too.
Their kittens come already sterilized, vaccinated, and microchipped. Plus, they're hosting Free Adoption Saturdays so you can take home your new family member at no cost.
You can browse adoptable cats and dogs in Polk County here.
National Adopt a Shelter Cat Month is celebrated each June because it marks the height of “kitten season,” when large litters of kittens are born and often end up in animal shelters, according to American Humane.
For tips on adopting your new kitten, you can visit the nonprofit's website.
What other people are reading right now:
- Popular summer vacation spots likely to be crowded and expensive. Here are some travel tips.
- LGBTQ+ advocates question timing after DeSantis vetoes funding for Pulse survivors
- Man accused of shooting somebody in the face over dog dispute has 'anger issues,' sheriff says
- Florida COVID hospitalizations at lowest point in a year
- What can I get tax-free during Florida's Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday?
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter