TAMPA, Fla. — A cat in Tampa was lucky to have a police officer closeby as she was wandering the streets alone.
Tampa PD officer Neal Pelletier was in Hyde Park helping local businesses set up for the evening when he saw a cat he recognized. He just so happened to see that cat being walked on a leash by its owner a week before.
Officer Pelletier was able to jump into action and save the cat from getting hit by a car just in time.
Officer Pelletier was able to get the cat back into the arms of her worried owner.
What other people are reading right now:
- Woman who designed Florida's coronavirus dashboard gets removed from project; leaders demand answers
- DeSantis: It's a 'non-issue' that woman who designed Florida's coronavirus dashboard was fired
- Some businesses could charge a COVID-19 fee, but is it legal?
- Breweries in Pinellas County can reopen with restrictions
- As Florida fully implements phase one, new droplet study raises concerns
- Florida troopers looking for a similar motorcycle that hit a 6-year-old girl
- Hospital that's been closed for almost a year get $121K in COVID-19 relief money
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter