TAMPA, Fla. — Four Leap Day babies born at a Tampa Bay hospital will share a special birthday.
St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital welcomed Anayis, Lyric, Aziel and Dylan to the world on February 29, 2020.
According to the Iowa State Daily, the chance of being born on a Leap Day is less than 0.1 percent.
Leap Days might seem like a weird concept, but that extra day every four years balances out the calendar. If there weren’t Leap Days December would slide into the summer every 360 years.
When the earth travels around the sun once, that is technically one year, which is not exactly 365 days.
It’s exactly 365.2422 days--which over the years could add up.
RELATED: Leap Day traditions around the world
- Skyway 10K: Resilience, love in the air at 3rd annual race to benefit military families
- Here's how you can see the results of the Skyway 10K
- Joe Biden wins South Carolina, hoping for Super Tuesday momentum
- Washington state death is first from coronavirus in US
- Houses are frozen over near Lake Erie in New York due to cold temps, big waves
- Skyway 10K guide: Everything you need to know to race
FREE 10NEWS APP: