BALTIMORE — Move over Sriracha, Tapatio and Cholula – there’s a new hot sauce spicing up the market.
Seasoning company Old Bay is dropping a hot sauce of its own, and people can’t wait to get their hands on it. Online orders went live Jan. 29, and the sauce is expected to head to grocery stores in the next month.
It will be sold at Acme, Giant, Food Lion, Safeway, Wegmans, and other grocery stores.
For a limited time only, 10-ounce bottles will be sold for about $3.49, according to a press release from McCormick & Company’s website.
The hot sauce was so popular, Old Bay ran out the first day it went on sale online. The company said it wouldn't be restocked Wednesday, but there would be more available soon.
Old Bay seasoning is known for its unique blend of herbs and spices that has a distinct 'Chesapeake flavor' to it.
What other people are reading right now:
- AMBER Alert issued for missing South Florida baby
- Fivay High School teacher arrested, faces charge for having a gun on campus
- Americans evacuated as China reaches 6,000 cases, 132 deaths in viral outbreak
- Two satellites could collide over the US Wednesday night
- Florida teacher fired, accused of writing on toddler's belly
- Shaq broke down on TV while remembering Kobe Bryant
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower