TAMPA, Fla. — If you enjoy a seasonal Shamrock Shake at McDonald's, don't expect to find one in the Tampa Bay area.
Geno Knight, of local country music station WQYK-FM, was first to point out the apparent lack of availability in a post on March 7.
A spokesperson for the company has since confirmed to 10News that the popular drinks won't be featured in our area in 2019.
"It is a seasonal, promo item as you know; and not all markets get it each year," spokesperson Keisha Boyd wrote in an email.
That announcement likely won't sit well with fast food fans who have been actively searching for the special shakes -- not knowing they won't be arriving this time.
On Monday, one Tampa-area woman wrote on Facebook that she tried five different locations this week without success.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hollywood actors, coaches linked to college admissions bribery case
- Girl with inoperable brain tumor asked for dogs to cheer her up; what police did next will make you cry
- 'I grabbed the rest of the chain on my leg and I ran': Woman describes days of being held against her will
- He uses a wheelchair. She doesn’t. Together, this couple proves all people deserve love
- Captain resigns after elderly woman dies in house fire
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.